Friday 21 May 2010

The Subconscious Mind


Our subconscious mind is constantly giving us signals in the form of feelings that a rational mind may find difficult to interpret or understand. However, I believe that it is important to place emphasis on these feelings rather than soley base one's life decisions upon logic and "reason." As our conscious mind, is only utilizing upto 10% of the brain's true capabilities - the question arises what is the other 90% doing.

When I dream, I often hear the most beautiful music that I am unable to transcribe on to pen and paper because it is there in my mind for the split moment, and then vanishes into the dream itself. Similarly, I believe the subconscious mind is capable of providing inspiration, guidance and true interpretation to that daily stage that is our lives. The key is to isolate that voice and take the time to really hear and feel what is happening within ourselves. I suppose that is where meditation may be beneficial, however I have not actually tried true meditation. To embrace nothingness, and perish all thoughts within my mind has not been an easy task.

Saying that, tying all thoughts together into one powerful and focused frequency (for lack of a better word) may allow for true greatness and artistic expression in work.

However, the entire concept is humbling and interesting. I may investigate further into this....

No comments:

Post a Comment